Security Tips and Industry Musings
It’s that time of year again. By this point you are running to the store to find that last minute present. Doing the grocery shopping for that special dinner. Cleaning the house and soon everyone will be there! It is easy to overlook things this time of year. Don’t let your security be one of them. Here are some helpful tips to remember as you prepare for the holidays.
- Have a neighbor pick up the mail while you are out of town.
- Do not put the boxes from expensive gifts on the curb for trash collection.
- Put a central light on a timer so the house looks occupied. Maybe, the neighbor who is picking up the mail can turn the lights and TV on and off in different parts of the house?
- Tell your neighbors your plans for the holidays so they can keep an eye on your property.
- Secure items in your yard that may help someone break in.
- Get a monitored security system from Atlanta Home Alarm Systems. If you already have a security system, test it. Test the system at least a week before you leave to allow time for servicing if necessary.
- Have a safe and happy holidays!