Security Tips and Industry Musings
As 2013 draws to a close, once again we find ourselves distracted with celebrations. Several of the tips listed below still apply. Due to the nature of New Year’s there are more practical things to think about.
There are many services available for those who have enjoyed the holidays too much and still need to get home. Free taxi rides to towing services, find out what is available in your area before you leave for the evening. Having a plan beforehand will make everything easier. If you are hosting an event, have these options mapped out for your guests who may need them.
One service that I have found to be excellent is Uber. It’s also available as a smartphone app. They offer a fantastic ride service at a very reasonable price.
Happy New Year from Atlanta Home Alarm Systems. We’ll see you in 2014!
It’s that time of year again. By this point you are running to the store to find that last minute present. Doing the grocery shopping for that special dinner. Cleaning the house and soon everyone will be there! It is easy to overlook things this time of year. Don’t let your security be one of them. Here are some helpful tips to remember as you prepare for the holidays.
- Have a neighbor pick up the mail while you are out of town.
- Do not put the boxes from expensive gifts on the curb for trash collection.
- Put a central light on a timer so the house looks occupied. Maybe, the neighbor who is picking up the mail can turn the lights and TV on and off in different parts of the house?
- Tell your neighbors your plans for the holidays so they can keep an eye on your property.
- Secure items in your yard that may help someone break in.
- Get a monitored security system from Atlanta Home Alarm Systems. If you already have a security system, test it. Test the system at least a week before you leave to allow time for servicing if necessary.
- Have a safe and happy holidays!